Các em sẽ phải vượt qua 60 câu hỏi trong đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2019 dưới đây, nội dung câu hỏi chủ yếu trong chương trình học lớp 9 vừa qua, nếu nắm kiến thức tốt,việc được 7, 8 điểm là hết sức đơn giản, với các bạn khá giỏi thì điểm 10 hoàn có thể nằm trong tầm tay.
Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2019 sát chương trình học lớp 9
Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2019
I. PHONETICS(1-3). Choose the word whose underlined part pronounced differently from that ofthe others.
1. a. clear b. ear c. heard d. near
2. a. wool b. woodc. foodd. foot
3. a. Christmas b. mechanic c. scholarship d. machine
(4-5). Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of theothers.
4. a. experience b. efficient c. extensive d. evidence
5. a. mineral b. mysterious c. material d. minority
GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
(6-25). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in eachsentence.
6. Have you ever been______ Tokyo?
a. in b. on c. at d. to
7. The shop was crowded_______ last-minute shoppers.
a. of b. with c. for d. in
8. Many young people are fond______ playing or watching football.
a. in b. at c. on d. of
9. Who is going to your children while you’re at work?
a. bring on b. look after c. take over d. set up
10. I always start the day by going_______ my email.
a. round b. for c. in for d. through
11. We’d better set off ten minute early _____ there is a lot of traffic,
a. so that b. as if c. in case d. although
12. As an_______ , she showed no favor to any candidate.
a. organizer b. employer c. customer d. examiner
13. She packed all ______ into the boot of the car.
a. luggage b. luggages c. the luggage d. the luggages
14. I’d rather you______ with us.
a. come b. came c. have come d. are coming
15. ______ English, he is also very good at French and Germany.
a. Beside b. Besides c. Except d. Apart from
16. ______ more help, I could call my neighbor.
a. Needed b. Should I need c. I need d. I should need
17 Can you tell me _______ to the station? ~ About four miles.
a. how far is it b. it is how far c. how far it is d. is it how far
18. There are so many kinds of radios on sale that I can’t decide________ .
a. what to buy b. to buy what c. which to buy d. to buy which
19. Marỵ _____ to Australia for a while but she’s back again now.
a. has gone b. went c. would go d. is going
20. You never tell anyone your password,_______?
a. do you b. don’t you c. did you d. didn’t you
21. To the one _______ feelings for me are so strong that the word love can’t describethem.
a. who b. whom c. whose d. that
22. Don’t talk loudly. No one ______ noise in the reading room.
a. is allowed to make b. is allowed making c. allows to make d. allows making
23. I have to finish all my housework before my mother________
a. will come b. comes c. came d. has come
24. You should read as much, as possible_______ English well.
a. so that to learn b. for learning c. in order to learn d. so as learning
25. ______ is the act of cutting down or burning the trees in an area.
a. Forestation b. Deforestation c. Afforestation d. Reforestation
(26-30). Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, c or D) that needs correcting.
26. The flat where (A) he lives (B) in is (C) not far from (D) his office.
27. A little (A) simple precautions (B) can prevent (C) accidents at home and on thejob (D) .
28. The computer is said to be (A) one of the most (B) wonderful invention (C)in modem life (D) .
29. Rarely Americans(A) shake hands (B) to say goodbye, except (C) on (D) businessoccasions.
30. My sister has (A) never gone (B) skiing, and neither (C) did (D) I.(31-35). Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence
31. Big students aren’t___________ intelligent students, (necessity)
32. The flood caused widespread_____________ . (destroy)
33. He spent most of his_______________ in Egypt, (child)
34. There is a rapid_________ in the number of private cars at present, (grow)
35. Alexander G. Bell was one of the greatest ______________ . He inventedthe telephone, (invent)
READING(36-45). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in thefollowing passage.One of the most famous statues in the world (36)_______ on an island in New YorkHarbor. This statue is, of course, the Statue of Liberty. The Statue of Liberty is a woman(37)______ the torch of liberty, and its (38)______ name is the Statue of LibertyEnlightening the World’. The statue was a (39)__________ to American people from theFrench to show the (40)_____ between the two nations. It was (41) ______by FredericAuguste Bartoldie and completed in 1884 in France, (42) _____ was transported toAmerica and put up in 1886. In the years after the statue was put up, many(43)_________ came to the United States through New York. As they (44)_________New York Harbor, they saw the Statue of Liberty holding up her torch. She symbolizes awelcome to a land of (45) .
36. a. exists b. stands c. finds d. puts
37. a. holding b. taking c. getting d. controlling
38. a. trade b. nick c. official d. professional
39. a. gift b. favor c. power d. symbol
40. a. representative b. friendship c. ownership d. membership
41. a. achieved b. performed c. preferred d. designed
42. a. then b. so c. but d. there
43. a. foreigners b. aliens c. emigrants d. immigrants
44. a. moved b. went c. entered d. touched
45. a. free b. freedom c. freeway d. freely
(46-50). Read the passage below carefully and choose the correct answer a, b, c or d.Paper is named for papyrus, a reed like plant used by ancient Egyptians as writingmaterial more than 5,000 years ago. The Chinese invented the paper that we use 2,000years ago.A piece of paper is really made up of tiny fibers, not unlike a piece of material. The fibersused in paper, however, are plant fibers, and there are millions of them in one sheet. Inaddition to the plant fiber, dyes and additives such as resin may be used. Dyes can makethe paper different colors; resins may add weight and texture.Where do these fibers come from? The majority of paper is made from the plant fiber thatcomes from trees. Millions are cut down, but new trees are planted in their place. Papermay be also made from things like old rags, or pieces of cloth. Wastepaper can be turnedinto recycled paper. This recycling process saves forests and energy and reduces air andwater pollution.
46. According to the passage, the paper that we use was first invented by________ .
a. foresters b. the Egyptians c. ancient culture d. the Chinese
47. What is the main ingredient in most paper?
a. Resin b. Cardboard c. Plant fiber d. Papyrus
48. According to the passage, the primary source of the plant fiber used inpaper is_______
a. tree sb. rags c. fabric d. wastepaper
49. It can be inferred from the passage that recycling paper is____________ .
a. bad for the environmentb. wasteful
c. economical good for
d. the environment
50. According to the passage, recycling paper does all of the following EXCEPT ____.
a. save forests
b. reduce the need for ink
c. save energy
d. reduce air pollution
WRITING(51-55). Choose the sentence (a, b, c or d) that has different meaning to the root one.
51. It isn’t necessary for you to finish the work by Saturday.
a. You don’t have to finish the work by Saturday.
b. You needn’t finish the work by Saturday.
c. You mustn’t finish the work by Saturday.
d. It is not essential that you finish the work by Saturday.
52. Although he lives far away from the office, he cycles to work.
a. He doesn’t live near the office, but he cycles to work.
b. He goes to work by bike in spite of living far away from the office.
c. Living far away from the office makes him cycle to work.
d. He cycles to work despite the fact that he doesn’t live near the office.
53. My English friends find driving on the right difficult.
a. My English friends hardly have any difficulty driving on the right.
b. My English friends don’t find it easy to drive on the right.
c. My English friends aren’t used to driving on the right.
d. My English friends aren’t accustomed to driving on the right.
54. I advise you not to tell him the truth.
a. You’d better not to tell him the truth.
b. If I were you, I wouldn’t tell him the truth.
c. You shouldn’t tell him the truth.
d. It’s not worth not telling him the truth.
55. It’s a pity you can’t come to my party.
a. I wish you could come to my party.
b. If only you couldn’t come to my party.
c. What a shame you can’t come to my party.
d. I wish you managed to come to my party
(56-60). Rewrite the sentences so that they are nearest in meaning to the sentenceprinted before them.
56. She’s always nervous when she takes an exam.
57. The film interested me more than the play.
I thought __________________________________________________
58. ‘How much time do you spend on English?’ my English teacher asked.My English teacher__________________________________________
59. It’s time for you to hand in all term papers.It’s time you________________________________________________
60. He didn’t say good-bye to anyone when he left the room.
Đáp án Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2019
26. A (which)
27. A (A few)
28. C (inventions)
29. A (Rarely do Americans)
30. D (have)
56. Taking an exam always makes her nervous.
57. I thought the film was more interesting than the play.
58. My English teacher asked me how much time I spent on English.
59. It’s time you handed in all term papers.
60. He left the room without saying goodbye to anybody
Trên đây là đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2019 sát chương trình học lớp 9 mà giaitoan8.com mang tới cho các em, chúc các em đạt điểm cao trong bài thi sắp tới, với các thí sinh ở Hà Nội, ngoài môn Tiếng Anh còn 3 môn khác mà Toán, Văn và Lịch Sử, đặc biệt Lịch sử, các em xem Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Lịch sử năm 2019 ở đây để xem kiến thức mình ôn tập tới đâu rồi nha.